39, rue des Halles 16110 La Rochefoucauld
Tel: +33 (0)5 17 20 55 22
39bis rue des Halles 16110 La Rochefoucauld
Tel: +33 (0)5 45 63 07 45
Performances and exhibitions at Les Carmes
The theatre at Les CARMES plays a key cultural role for the association of local authorities Bandiat-Tardoire. Opened in 2010, it is managed by L’Association Les Carmes.
The dynamic of the theatre at Les Carmes is built around three main pillars:
- An artistic programme of around twenty professional gatherings, running from September to June, is the main focus of the project. It demonstrates a modern interpretation of dance, music, theatre, sculpture, visual arts and performing arts. The programme is put together with a school audience in mind.
- Cultural meetings and discussion groups where recent performances and artists are debated. The groups include representatives from the local community: cultural associations, educational establishments and hospitals…
- A programme called ‘La scene des associations’ created jointly by cultural associations and schools, which uses the theatre as a place where ideas can be exchanged, thoughts can be shared, and meetings can take place to develop their projects.
A snapshot of the facilities available to hire
Les CARMES offers the following spaces:
- A reception room opening up into an 100sqm exhibition hall
- A theatre seating 252 people, with a 70sqm stage opening on to 220sqm room (at full capacity), which can be used for exhibitions and unique stage design.
- A 120sqm music rehearsal hall, which is regularly used by different associations from the local area (local branch of the Departmental Music School the ‘Air de Rien’ choir, batucada music…).
- Dressing rooms, including space for people with reduced mobility.
- An office available for use by the various visiting associations.